The Parum Pum Pum Musical Instruments set is a popular music toy for young children including 2 year olds. It consists of 6 parts: a drum with handle, shaker, tambourine, jingle bells and 2 drumsticks. Everything a toddler or pre-school child needs to be their own one-man-band or to start a band with friends.
Music toys are a great way to get young children interested in music. They can either use them to make noise on their own or with other children, or you can use them while singing songs together. It’s a great way to get 2 year olds to join in with a group activity, watch what other people are doing and copy.
What’s so special about this musical instruments set?
There are a few things that make the Parum Pum Pum Musical Instruments set better than its rivals:
- Appealing design – the makers of this toy have really used their imagination to design a music set that will appeal to 2 year olds and other young children. The tambourine is a caterpillar, the shaker is a bee and the jingle bells are an ant. Even the drum sticks are caterpillars. The animals coupled with the bright colours help to activate children’s imagination and make them more interested in making music.
- Parent friendly – all the musical instruments pack neatly away inside the drum. This makes it easy to pack away – or even take with you on holiday or on a play date – and it won’t mess up your house. It also means that the pieces are less likely to get lost, which is always important in a toy with multiple parts.
- Variety – a lot of the musical instruments sets I’ve seen consist of several very similar music toys. For example a set with 3 different types of jingle bells. I like the way that all the musical instruments in this set are different. This will help to sustain a child’s interest as well as allowing them to choose which toy they are most interested in.
- Sturdy and well made – All the musical instruments are sturdy and will withstand a lot of bashing around.
- Environmentally friendly – Parum Pum Pum musical instruments set is a truly environmental toy, which is always refreshing to see. It’s made from recycled materials printed with Soy based inks and is 100% recyclable – very unusual for a plastic toy.
This toy used to come with a strap for carrying the drum, but this was removed for safety reasons. Some parents think this is a shame, but I don’t really mind as it still has a handle.
The musical instruments aren’t as loud as some music toys. Personally I think this is a very positive thing! But some people – especially children wanting to bang as loudly as they can! – may agree.
What age is it suitable for?
Most toy musical instruments such as guitars are aimed at children age 3 and above. This musical instrument set is aimed at the younger end of the pre-school market. It’s suitable for children from 18 months up to about 3 years, making it perfect for 2 year olds.
This is definitely the best musical instruments set for 2 year olds that I’ve seen. It’s made extra-special by the animals, as it transforms it from yet another toy music set to a toy that appeals to a child’s imagination. It’s cute, well made and a great toy to choose.Buy on Amazon