Let’s face it – some children’s kitchens can be a bit of an eyesore. They’re likely to be a prominent fixture in your home for several years, so you may not want something brightly coloured and plastic-looking.
We’ve found two lovely wooden-style children’s kitchens from between £100-£200. This is a typical price range for a good quality children’s kitchen and is what many parents expect to pay for a great toy that will last for several years.
Although you can buy lots of wooden play kitchens for between £100 and £200, very few are approved for 2 year old children. Unlike most children’s kitchens, the two we recommend are not advertised as being for children over 36 months only.
Top play kitchens from £100-£200
MJ Mark Kitchen Wooden Play Kitchen
The MJ Mark Kitchen Wooden Toy has been lovingly handmade by skilled craftsmen. It is very high quality and made to last.
- Sink features removable basin plus door below opens
- 4-ring hob
- Oven with moving dials, pull-out shelf and opening door
- Washing machine with opening door, small pull-out shelf and manual rotating drum
- Each of the 3 items measure 34cm long x 34cm wide x 50cm high
- Each item is also available for sale separately, so you can scale this children’s kitchen up and down as you choose
Hamleys’ Step2 Prepare & Share Kitchen is seriously cute! Although it’s cheaper than Hamleys’ bigger, top of the range kitchens, it packs in an impressive number of features that 2 year olds will love.
Approved for children aged 2-6, this children’s kitchen is safe for 2 year olds and will provide years of imaginative play. Most children’s kitchens are one-sided, but this one is designed for children to play on both sides – ideal for siblings or when your 2 year old has friends over. The open plan design allows children to see through to their friends on the other side.
Although this children’s kitchen is made from plastic and is therefore hygienic and easy to clean, it has a modern design. The wood-effect finish creates a more tasteful and authentic look.
- “Stainless steel” oven, stove top, fridge, faucet and phone
- The phone and hob have realistic sound
- The specially designed pot and pan activate the stove burner
- Lots of storage
- Large deep sink and additional workshop space
- 41 piece accessory pack including food, saucepans, cutlery
- Durable poly construction which will last for years
- Easy clean surfaces
- Measures (L)38.10cm (W)97.80cm (H)86.40cm
More great children’s kitchens
The children’s kitchens listed above are ideal for people with budgets of £50-£100. If you’d like to spend more or less than this then please see our articles on children’s kitchens for higher or lower budgets: